Me

Me

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sunshine, Robots, and Plants





I am proud to say that we have green!  I am not at all good with plants, and can seldom get anything to grow.  We planted some herbs, tomatoes, carrots, beans, and onions a week or so ago, and they are actually coming up nicely!  The peas and tomatoes have just started coming up, but the bell peppers have not showed up at all, though.  I hope they are just late.  I love peppers!

Nathan is excited to see them getting bigger all the time, and we turn the tray daily to watch the leaves move from one direction to another.  I was thinking about singing to them with Nathan.  If I can remember, maybe we'll do that during Warren's morning nap tomorrow.

We enjoyed the sunshine with our friends yesterday.  Luke and Alexyss came over, and the kids played outside between math bingo and craft.  I wanted to do a spring-theme craft, but I saw this recycled can craft online, and decided that the boys would love it.  We used recycled food cans (electrical tape along the cut edge for safety), craft paint (not recommended), miscellaneous junk or extra parts such as screws, bolts, nuts, washers, keys, bottle caps, etc., and craft supplies such as googley eyes, pom poms, glitter, and craft foam.  The kids had a really good time making them, and even Nathan retracted his "this is gonna be boring" statement.  I had fun helping them with the hot glue, and I decided to make my own robot with a leftover can when the kids were done.  We learned that craft paint does NOT stick to cans, though.  I'm still finding flaked paint all over my kitchen;  One reason Jen brings her kids over to my house for crafts!
(pics below)




1 comment:

  1. Exactly the reason we do crafts at your house, indeed! <3 There's paint in my kitchen too!
    I'm grateful to have a friend as crafty as you!

    ReplyDelete