Me

Me

Monday, April 25, 2011

A Day at the Park

After dropping Bryan off at the airport this morning, we drove to my dad's office to see when he would be available for the picnic lunch my sister and I had planned.  To my surprised delight, he was available immediately, and we all took off for the park.  Dad played Badminton with Nathan in the grass at Greensboro's Bicentennial Gardens while I took pictures of them playing and Warren in the grass.  Chica and Joel eventually arrived, and we had hoagie-roll sandwiches with leftover chicken and ham and cheese from the weekend.  Everybody played in the grass and laughed.  Nathan and Dad flew (I use the term loosely) Nathan's kite.  We had a wonderful time, and it seemed oddly normal.  Maybe it is because my brother and sister and I have played together at the park countless times in our lives, or maybe it is meant that we should live near to one another and share in each others lives, or maybe it is simply that we were all very relaxed today with hardly any agenda.  But whatever the reason, it was simply lovely.  The weather was wonderful and the park was clean and not crowded.  Neither was it desolate, though.  There was a nice-looking family with two young boys at another picnic table.  The  other wore a head scarf and worked on her laptop computer much of the time we were there.  They were there when we arrived and still when we left.   group of older people sat talking at the table below ours for a long time, but eventually left.  We stayed a long time, but it didn't really seem like it, even though I was looking after two small children.  Dad eventually had to go back to work, but took Joel's car so the rest of us could stay and play longer.  Joel and Chica played soccer with Nathan, and it was really good to see them getting along and laughing so much.

Nathan really enjoyed the attention of his aunt,  uncle and grandfather, and Warren enjoyed the sunshine and the grass.  Warren also enjoyed the badminton rackets, and attempting to eat the shuttlecocks.

It seems I am currently unable to post pics, so I'll have to try to get those up tomorrow.  Right now I am going to turn the Xoom off and go to sleep before I start babbling incoherently.

I got on Mom's laptop and was able to upload pics today!! Yay!





No comments:

Post a Comment