Me

Me

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

We are in Greensboro,  NC this week, even though Bryan and I were looking forward to Eastrr at our own church this year.  Bryan is flying to Kentucky Monday, and staying through Thursday, and I didn't want to be stuck at home with the kids , so we decided the best plan woud be for us to drive down for Easter, stay, and DH can fly out of and back into here before we go to the Duke Walk, and then drive home.  Then we found out that Pop needs a quadruple bypass, so we will be going to Asheville to visit them during the week of the surgery, which is conveniently scheduled the Monday following the walk.  I'm happy to see my famiky this week, and his next week, but I'm already starting to miss hubby, and I'm worried for Pop.

We had a lovely Easter today, though.  Pop and MomB drove over drom Asheville yesterday morning, and we enjoyed the day hunting Easter eggs with Nathan at a downtown Presbyterian church, shopping (the moms and I, mostly), eating (there's usually food involved in our gatherings- we are southern!), and telling jokes.  Bryan and I are so very blessed to have parents who consider each ither best friends.  It is not at all unusual for us to all share a holoday together.  In fact, we plan every Thanksgiving so that we swap houses each year: my mom's one year, then MomB's the next.  It's wonderful!!  So we went to Eaater church at my sister's 9:45 United Methodist church service.  I think it's alright, but Bryan really doesn't care for the downtown church.  To tell the truth, the sermon was alright, but the music was disappointing.  Call me old fashioned, but I really enjoy some good old Easter hymns, such as He Lives or Were You There? or The Old Rugged Cross.  But they not only didn't sing any hymns, but the usic they did choose wasn't really all that Eastery.  Oh well.  Dinner of lamb and ham, corn puding, salt potatoes, parmesan broccoli, deviled eggs, and lemon cake was fabulous!

And to top it off, Bryan and I got to go to icecream and a movir sans children!!  We aaw Hanna, which wasn't horrible, but honestly wasn't highly entertaining, either.  I mifht write a review of this movie some time this week, along with some more insight anout our trip to NC.


No comments:

Post a Comment